:: shop the post ::
Oh hey, Friday! I’ve gotten a lot of requests on what my workout routine looks like so here I am for this week’s fitness post. I am in no way (no way) a fitness guru/trainer, this is just what works for me and how I workout.
My workout routine is actually pretty much the same for every day, shocked? Probably not. I hate complicated routines and my schedule works really well for me!
I work out for roughly 60 minutes a day (except the weekends), but sometimes it’s a little less/more. I am currently on Week 4 with the Bikini Body Guide by Kayla Itsines. I’m already seeing results and her workouts are really easy and (almost) fun! It takes me about 30 minutes to finish one workout routine/day of hers. She only has you workout routines Monday, Wednesday, and Friday but I do Week 1/3’s full body workouts on Tuesday and Thursday.
It might sound a little confusing, but here’s what my workout looks like broken down by day!
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:
- BBG Daily Workout – 30 minutes
- Ab Workout – 10 minutes
- Boxing (at-home 15-minute boxing workout) – 20 minutes
Total: 60 minutes
• I grab my phone and pull up iBooks and follow all the instructions for today’s workout. I normally have The Office or some other TV show playing while working out otherwise I get bored and exhausted more easily! I repeat my BBG workouts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
• I’ve been using this ab routine every day for the past few weeks and it’s my all-time favorite. I talked about it in this post and how much I love the routine. It’s really easy and goes by fast, plus you definitely see results. I have a tiny outline of abs but I feel that my core is stronger. If you want more ab workout ideas, check out this post with a few of my favorite routines!
• I have a boxing bag in my basement that I use for 20-ish minutes. I’m probably only boxing for 10-15 minutes since I take 30-second breaks every few minutes but this is great for strengthening your core, arms, legs, and getting in a little bit of cardio.
• A reader commented this out in the comment section, but I would highly reccomend stretching after every workout! I do a quick stretch guide, probably about 5-10 minutes long, for my arms, legs, and core. You can check out this video for an easy guide 🙂
Tuesday and Thursday:
Total: 65 minutes
• I like to get in some extra cardio/strengthening on my “off” days for BBG, so I use the full body workout from Friday. I’m used to these workouts so I find them easy but when you’re first starting out, you definitely feel sore from yesterday’s workout. If you’re just starting out with exercising, I’d take it easy and only workout a few days a week (until you get used to it) 🙂
• We have 18 acres, so I run/walk/jog until I get tired, haha! I can normally get to 25 minutes. I will also walk if I’m not feeling like running!
• I get in another ab workout, as well. Since this workout is so quick, I find it pretty easy to fit into my schedule. I do this ab workout every day!
Saturday and Sunday:
- Ab workout– 10 minutes
Total: 10 minutes
I don’t like working out on the weekends since it’s the weekend, so I only fit in my ab workout. Again, same workout from the other days!
:: shop the post ::