Hey guys! Today for Tip Tuesday (previous tip) I’m sharing how to pick the right foundation because let’s get real, foundation is the hardest thing to buy for makeup. Let’s get started!
• It’s pretty tough finding the right color foundation, especially online. If you’re ordering online and trying a new foundation and not sure, use sites like Findation. They color match Revlon, MAC, Benefit and more!
• Apply foundation to your jawline to test the color.
• If you’re cool (the veins on your inner wrist appear blue) you tend to turn a flushed pink color in the sun, and you burn easily, so you want to look for a foundation that has rosier, redder, or blue base.
• If you’re warm (the veins on your wrist appear green) and you quickly bronze or darken in the sun, so look for a foundation that has a golden or yellow base.
• There are different types of foundation, such as dewy, matte, natural, sheer, etc. Make sure to read the labels before you buy!
• If you have oily skin, grab an oil-free and light foundation.
keirnan shipka wearing girogio armani luminous silk foundation
WHAT I USE:::
I have a ton of different foundations, but a few of my favorites include: Marc Jacobs Beauty Re(marc)able Foundation, Revlon Whipped Foundation, Becca Ultimate Coverage Complextion Foundation, and Charlotte Tillbury Magic Foundation. Depending on how my skin is, I’ll grab a light or heavy foundation. I was surprised to see the Charlotte Tillbury foundation was more of a light-medium finish. Even though it stills has a light finish and is perfect for hot day when I don’t want to wear BB cream because it’s too light but other foundation is heavy.
There is a huge debate whether you like to use a brush or beauty blender (what do you use? comment below!). I prefer my beauty blender over a foundation brush (even though I’ll occasionally use a brush). When using a beauty blender, soak it in water and then dab (don’t drag) on your foundation. Normally I’ll pour my foundation on my wrist and then dip my blender into it.
Thanks for reading! What tip would you like to see next?