Happy Tuesday! In honor of Halloween coming up in less than one week (!), (read more) I thought it’d be fun to share this treat with you guys. I’m am definitely more of a salty over sweet gal, but I love sweet & salty combos, which is where this mix comes into play. Not only is this Halloween-inspired appetizer super easy, it tastes just like the holiday rolled into a jar 😋
I found a similar recipe like this on Pinterest but I decided to switch it up. The original recipe called for cinnamon and vanilla Chex, I grabbed the salty Chex mix instead. It worked out wonderfully, though (obviously, just look at it). The recipe is right below!
HALLOWEEN CHEX MIX
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 20-24 oz. Chex Mix (traditional)
- 2 cup candy corn mixture (I used candy corn + little pumpkins!)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
- In an extra large bowl, toss together both chex cereal flavors and pretzels. Pour butter mixture over the cereal mixture and toss to distribute.
- Microwave: Microwave uncovered for 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on wax paper to cool. Add harvest candy mix and toss to combine. Store in airtight container.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 275°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide mixture on the two baking sheets and spread in even layers. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on wax paper to cool. Add harvest candy mix and toss to combine. Store in airtight container.
Raise a hand if you’re dressing up for Halloween 🙋🏽 What are you guys going as? Comment below and check out my costume makeup on Instagram!